5 Years Home

Happiest Gotcha Day, my little fireball.
 
 

 Five years ago today I couldn't have told
  you how year five would go. I wouldn't have seen the mountains you would have to climb. But He could. I couldn't have warned you that there would be a failed heart procedure before a very successful, but serious, heart surgery. But He could. Or that even though this year turned significantly medical
 how you would go an entire 12 months without even a common cold. But He could. 
     In my little 42 years I want to be sure of things. I want to know things. I want to teach you all the things, however I am finding myself only sure about one thing. Jesus. The truth that is Him. 

       So here are some beautiful truths about year five that we cannot miss....
 
There is not a place on the planet that you could go where Jesus is not with you....not a little sidewalk in Guangzhou, China....not an orphanage....not a classroom...not the depths of an operating room.
 
     
       "Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me." Psalm 139:7-10

     You are His. He created you, in His image. You are glorious.
 

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14
      
     Five years ago I met a fearful little girl with two broken hearts. Your deepest heart, by far was the most wounded. 
 

     "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3

I knew that I could never make you whole little one. That's not my job.. It always has been and forever will be Jesus. Mama just gets to lead and learn along the way. You are a warrior!! Happiest Gotcha Day my precious girl! 

Comments

Popular Posts