Tha Name Game


Alright. There is this sweet little face...and we have decided on Qwinn....and of course Rotger, but she needs one more?!? We never really put much thought to a middle name or even a first name besides Qwinn. We really thought we would try to keep part of her Chinese name, I mean this process, while adding so much to her life (and ours), will take away. We will soon take her away from everything and every one that is familiar. Sights, sounds, smells....all different. Back to trying to keep part of her Chinese name...well after a little research...her last name means something close to "the state" or "property of" and I can't get a clear translation on her first name. Needless to say, she is keeping neither. I do know that I am so humbled by the opportunity to live in this great nation, where health care is available to every person, whether they can afford it or not. I have often complained about paying taxes, still do (because there are always those who will take advantage)...however, I couldn't even begin to imagine what it would be like if I had to abandon one of my children at the gate of a hospital to make sure they got the medical attention they needed, because, as my child, she would be refused care if I couldn't pay. I just can't. What an incredible gift. Ok so here are a few of my favorite selections....

  • Ella Qwinn Rotger
  • Marist Quinn Rotger
I totally want input and options. We will more than likely call her Qwinn, but little miss stink eye needs a full fledged first, middle and last.....and seriously MuLan is NOT an option...(for all my friends with a sense of humor).

Comments

  1. Amy,

    She has the name Ella written all over her sweet little face. She is so precious and you and your family is just what she needs. I understand you being a little afraid but God has special plans for all of you! I pray it all works out soon and I love all of you!

    Sandra J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello momma~! i vote for ella b/c it was my dad's mother's name and she was a very wise, strong woman who lived well into her 90's. i also like marist....conservative sounding yet unique.
    i do understand that you will more than likely call her qwinn or quinn, her middle name but if you don't, think of this:
    ella will be shortened to "elle" (or L) BUT marist will be shortened to "mare"....i have always liked the name elle or (L)....and i am VERY partial to names ending in a strong sounding VOWEL.
    of course, if you do go with qwinn, u will have to be constantly correcting people that try to pronounce it like we have to with our youngest shia....it's shy-ya when seen on paper, people always say shee-ya and then we correct them politely and with a smile...it's no big deal really but i just wanted to point that out...i do b/c i think you said you wanted it pronounced "quinn" but people that see it on paper will say "gwin"....not sure what all of my words are worth but since you asked for input...! anyways, she's beautiful and i can hardly believe she's closer to being home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Ella, i think it is a pretty name and goes well with Qwinn. You'll have to show me her Chinese name when we get home, i am curious to see it. See you soon! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Ella is the winner ... We all agree at the Rotger household! now to get in a order to the monogram chick! Woot woot!! thanks everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad we went with Ella! Lurve it, her and you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts