Double Digits

You see this guy?
Double digits...as of yesterday.
                   To be quite honest, I couldn't get that out of my head. I remember, at his last birthday, plainly stating this fact. "last year for double digits." Somehow, it feels like the beginning of leaving childhood. Ten... I kept it together too, let me tell ya, cause boy would have been mortified to have slobbering wailing momma at the birthday dinner. Seems like he is more and more self aware...he still has random acts of silliness, but for the most part...he is just growing up...wants to be like dad...wants to be with dad...is all about d-a-d. (I'm ok....really...)
      He has had to make many adjustments in the past few months.....I couldn't be more proud of him. (he does get the award for picking on his new little sister....isn't that what big brothers do?)
                     ........I wonder if this is another behavior he picked up from his, amazingly...awesome dad...

                                 On one hand...I can comfortably buy him a toy............

                                             ........and on the other he's ready for man chores......then hunting a few eggs.?!?   Before we left for the church I asked him if he needed a basket.... "no, i'm not hunting eggs".......come to find out, the little skunk picked up a few, dumped the candy in his pockets and tossed the evidence (aka...plastic, pastel un-manly, eggs)....I am sure he learned this behavior from his father.

The one thing that hasn't changed is....he still has his momma totally wrapped around his little finger. Happy Birthday, my sweet little man!



Comments

Popular Posts