Orphan Sunday




Orphan Sunday today at Beulah Baptist Church. It was a beautiful reminder of what Christ did for us on the cross. How He adopted us. There are so many things I have learned through this process of adopting our daughter from China. Some things I have learned about myself, things that I am not, in ordinary circumstances, comfortable with sharing. I am, at times, truly selfish. Of course I like to think that I am a very giving and loving person. I believe we all want to believe this about ourselves. I find that, most often, I give of my self when the cost is at a minimum. A minimum inconvenience to my family and myself. I have a friend who is an unbeliever. It is, to say the least, very heart wrenching and difficult to talk with him at times. Our values and beliefs are so different. He has been extremely kind and supportive of mine and Anthony's decision to adopt. I truly believe it has opened his heart in many ways. He asked me one day recently, "Amy, do you really believe there is a God?.....I mean really? I have such a hard time believing there is a God when children all over the world are starving to death, while we speak. Defenseless children." It was like the air was stole from my chest. Because, yes, as a believer,even I have asked myself why God would allow these things....that very same...selfish question. And at that moment from the very depth of my heart I knew what Christ was saying...He was saying...there IS enough...if you will share......I AM enough...if you will share. So instead of defending my beliefs that day, I confessed to my non-believer friend how I had been disobedient and selfish and it is never that God doesn't care and He didn't give us enough...It's because I haven't shared. Praying for God to continue to show me how to empty myself onto others, Christ that is in me, because there is more than enough....HE is MORE than enough.

Comments

Popular Posts