Sense Of Humor



I thought I would get everyone "up to speed" on our wait..............yeah.......we're still waiting. All of the needed paperwork has been completed. I seriously feel as though there should be some sort of diploma or certificate associated with this accomplishment. I mean, it is.....by far....no simple task, to successfully navigate through the mound of paperwork, that IS adoption. It is not an easy thing to become a United States Citizen....I clearly understand why there are those who live here illegally.....I do not agree with it...but I nearly needed a legal degree to get through it. Our government has given us the necessary approval to bring our daughter home. I admit I have taken for granted...the blue passport...but now, more than ever, I appreciate it...I am proud of it. And now, even with all of the paperwork safely within the Chinese borders, we wait for Travel Approval. The United States Government has scrutinized us in every way to determine wether we are fit parents for Qwinn, We have had the fingerprints, background checks, home study, on-line courses....etc......etc.... The Chinese Government has acknowledged us as Qwinn's parents, paperwork to be signed when we get there...and yet they have to decide when we can come get her...and obviously...... it's not right this minute. We are on the "holiday bubble", and this is extremely frustrating. We were led to believe that we would have our daughter home by the end of November, beginning of December. After receiving her file in July. It has occurred to me that I could have grown and delivered two babies in the amount of time it has taken us to go through this process. Howevah..........I still can laugh and praise God over our arduous journey. Because it has been a....... journey. And although it seems like the longest part of the journey...it is only the beginning! Yesterday we enjoyed chinese ;) This was in Anthony's fortune cookie.
For those of you who do not believe God has a sense of humor. I mean, how cute is that? Ok....and this was in mine...
In my devotional this morning, the top of the page....bright and bold said " I am working on your behalf....." It went on to say that If you want God to be in the process, you must accept His time frame. He is not in any hurry, He doesn't have any anxiety about how long this is taking....because He knows what's next. Although we want this wait to be over...we know HE is working on our behalf. We can't see the purpose in the wait, but time and place are critical, and who is to know how this little girl, or the process of bringing her home could change somebody's eternity. And that, is worth however many more days He needs for us to wait.
Merry CHRISTmas sweet Qwinn, you will be here next year, you will be older, you will understand a little more english and we will tell you all about why we celebrate. How it all started with a baby in Bethlehem, and how, through Him, you came to be our daughter.

Comments

Popular Posts