Grafted




You know, there really is just so much to say about this little girl.....about her sister and the way I can hear her giggle from another room when they are playing. About her brother and the way she wanders through the house calling his name, wanting to engage him in a little wrestling match or hide and seek. I would be amiss if I didn't say that there were the occasional tear from a brother who has left a special toy (one not designed for 3yr. old) on the floor, or look from teenager that says ( seriously? can't you make her stop crying....before I jump out of the moving vehicle?) And I am sure there are those who gasp at the bare honesty of some of my posts........I think it's important to "keeps it realz", because there are some of you that may get the idea that when God leads you somewhere, the path should be paved....the way straight, flat and downhill...It's none of those, however, it is the most beautiful amazing blessing I have ever witnessed. I have a front row seat to how God takes a family and grafts them together with a bond and love that cannot simply be written off as flesh and blood. He bonds us together through His spirit and works in levels of the heart that struggle to be explained with simple words.......So much to say, and yet the words lack the ability to express.
..............my handsome boy.........
.........wait....don't run!........I didn't mean to actually shoot you with the nerf gun!

Comments

  1. What I'm hearing is a brother who knows it's ok to feel disappointed over a toy that is broken....a sister who can voice her frustration over "noisy tears" in the car....yep, real life. How wonderful that they aren't made to live in the perpetual world of "we're adopting a little sister"....but have already acclimated to the real world of "we have a little sister....she's ours, we adore her....and sometimes she drives us crazy." Nothing sweeter than real life! Look what God can do! (I say, as I do a little kick in the air) :)
    Love this family!
    Hope Smith

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts