I am a married, mother of two. A daughter 15 and son 8. I have worked in the interior design industry for over 14 years. I have an on-line store that carries many of my most very favorite accessory and custom items. I have enjoyed the blessings and obstacles of having a flexible schedule, but really most of all, I am overjoyed by being a mom, having two wonderful chunks of heaven. I am also married to a creative, and wonderfully talented husband. I am continuously reminded of how precious these relationships are, through the relationship that I have with my Savior Jesus Christ, and quite honestly, that relationship has brought me here...to this blog!..??? No, to the place where He has softened our hearts for His children. The ones without parents, homes, or real, lasting, loving relationships....orphans . Honestly, every time I say the word I get a lump in my throat. My husband and I have, over the years, agreed that we would be willing to adopt. We always would shy away when it came down to the "cost". And then God did it...you know how HE does when He wants you to just TRUST.....HE challenged my faith. He reminded me that He has sheep on ten thousand hills and if He tells me to do it, He will see it through to the very last detail.

So here we go!!! Uncharted territory I tell you!! I am terrified of flying. (it's a 16 hour flight) I am totally in LOVE with my creature comforts...coffee in the a.m. (with my beloved hazelnut creamer), the "me" sandwich I make with my down feather bed, comforter, and pillows.... I mean will I make it a whole two weeks without my kids?! ( I am totally confident they will be elated to be in the capable hands of my parents I mean who wouldn't want to hit chic fil a on the way to school EVERY morning?!) I am scared, people!! But I am crazy excited!! So I thought I would start a blog dedicated to our experience. I made random posts on my design blog about the adoption, but I am hoping that this will one day be a priceless gift that I can give my daughter. I know all the details of this whole experience will fade over the years and so I hope this blog will be a blessing to her and help her see how God has brought us all together, regardless of distance and time. I also want it to be a place to connect with other adoptive families and encourage anyone who is going through the process, and perhaps get some encouragement from others who already have.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are very excited. God has a great plan for your family. Love y'all.
    Wayne and Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I'm so excited about your blog what an incredible idea. She will truly be blessed by this. Love y'all bunches!
    Trista

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts