Leaving~On~A~Jet Plane.........






Well........it's here. The time has finally come for us to travel to China to get our daughter. Can I get a....woop! We received travel approval last blurrrsday, and are scheduled to begin our journey on Thursday, January 5th................I'm Freaking Out!................I have never been away from my kiddos for this long. Hannah goes to summer camp for two weeks and I can hardly take it. She is the more adventurous one...I have said (more than once) she may not live next door to her parent('s)......state. Jackson is a little more of a home body...worry wart....(me..as a little boy?). We, in the past, have had to strongly encourage him to sleep over at friend's.....he has never spent more than 2 consecutive nights away from home. And.....ok.......this will be the longest I (37 yr old "adult") have ever been away from home. When I went to Georgia Southern (4hr drive) I came home every weekend. I strategically scheduled my classes so I could leave on fridays before 11am, and would pack my car the night before......soooooooo....this will be..an adventure.
Through this process, and two Christmas~es....since we started our paperwork, I have picked up ornaments for Qwinn to have on her Christmas tree in her room. These are a few. The plane and the globe were purchased the first Christmas. The rest I found this year.
Ok...........I admit....the "worm dragon" is weird......

For all of you BTDT's (been there done that) the forum is now open for "things I wish I had packed...things I wish I had left behind...) And feel free to post any tips...you don't have to have been to China, just somewhere......on a plane. :)

Comments

  1. YAY!!! We are so excited/happy for you! We cannot wait to meet sweet Qwinn! Love and safe travels. xoxo The Shoemakers

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that you are on your way...I love those special ornaments that you have collected for her tree. Can't wait to see your posts from CHina and experience your forever family day via the internet. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so so glad to hear you are in CHINA!!! I pray for you to have a great trip and for Qwinn to feel the presence of your love the second she sees you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts