SMILES!!!







More Photos from Gotcha Day! This was leaving Civil Affairs. We decided to pick up a few things from the "Chinese Walmart".....you know, like baby snacks (chicken feet) and such. ;)
Our guide helped us navigate through the store and get what we needed....she has been so helpful.
I have totally purchased some cheesy Chinese New Year paraphernalia .........and intend to use it......neighbors be warned.
I'm sure you were wondering if the title had any meaning. This photo was snapped less than 8 hours after she was placed in our arms. It's amazing what a bath, some hugs...and a french fry can do.
...................and some rice.
Today.....Qwinn probably started her morning like any other day...as an orphan. But she ended it like this...and yet this...is only the beginning.

Comments

  1. How precious are all the pics, but the last one is the best! She looks just like a princess in that bed! And I bet she has sugar plums dancing in her head! Praise God! He is so good! Congrats to the Rotgers family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for y'all!!! I am glad to have been able to share in this experience even if just a little bit! We can't wait for y'all to get back home!! Congrats Mom and Dad! Qwinn is a very lucky little Mooncake to have such great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, this is the most beautiful, well written story I have ever read in my entire life. The last time I read this you were in the very beginnings of this process. I have been sitting at my desk, neglecting my duties here and wiping my eyes with each entry. Your faith amazes me! And the way you know God touches me and inspires me. I can't wait to see that sweet girl with pom poms and hair bows on a side line somewhere! Congratulations to your beautiful family! LOVE LOVE LOVE! You NEED to turn this into a book. YOU ARE AMAZING! Deena Davis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious smiles...it is amazing what french fries will do...must be a universal love language. I want some of that CNY decor too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay...the last one made me cry!! (and the post to go with it!!) Lyvonda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your guide looks like Meeko. We had her back in March for 2 days, but she had to have emergency surgery for an appendicitis. Did you find out what the anklet message meant?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts