This was from one of our visits to Shamian Island. The clinic is there, and on this day...there was no rain. ;)
I am continually amazed with the workings of God through every detail. We were actually on the same plane as the adoptive parents of this little girl. There was a part of me, when we were standing together at the baggage claim in Hong Kong, that wondered if they were here to adopt. The part of me that had been on a plane for 17hrs...decided not to ask. Then on Gotcha Day...there they were..in the same room with us, at Civil Affairs, waiting to finally be introduced to their daughter.....same as us. We all immediately recognized one another. Then they brought out Qwinn and the mom said....."my little girl knows your daughter...they were together in several pictures I received......they are friends"....I cannot tell you just how, at that moment, I felt. This woman had been looking at pictures of our daughters together and immediately recognized my girl. She was now the momma of Qwinn's friend........well i'm sure you know that this, given all of the emotions of the day, just made me spill over even more.
This photo is two girls......old friends...new families...new lives.....beautiful!

Comments

Popular Posts