Where Am I?





It has been a while since my last post, and it has come to my attention that there are those (who actually read my blog...that do not know me or live near me....gasp) who are wondering if I am still in China. Welllllll...we are home (sigh) after a bit of a travel travail, and a slumber party in Hong Kong...(on the eve of Chinese New Year)...we are home. This photo was taken during the last leg of our trip, on an evening dinner cruise down the Pearl River. I had read many reviews on this particular cruise and none of them were very positive...so many, in fact, we almost opted out. Luckily we are super cheesy tourists....it was fantastic!


(I believe he was saying........."sure honey...lets take a picture...it's only 10:00p and we are middle aged, with a toddler.........we could party like this all night")

Let's see....what will I miss about China? ( Keep in mind the China I visited was geared toward the western tourist....there was the occasional squatty and sidewalk spitting by the well put together woman..but a bit western none the less) I will miss noodles for breakfast.....with that broth (who knows what's in it!) and chili sauce...and not just any noodles....glass noodles (which my husband and close friend are noodle snobs, and said these are substandard compared to other provinces)...I will miss my daily maid service and five star accommodations ...(i really think they set you up for failure here....you can begin to think you have your stuff together when your laundry is always done and your house is clean) It is indeed, a beautiful country. Breathtaking, actually...and perhaps I am a little biased or maybe I left part of my heart there because it gave me so much...who knows. OH! I almost forgot....I will miss the thrill of the find...the shopping...the haggling.....the crowded market....yeah....I will probably be going back...but next time I will be taking my kids.....THAT...was unbearable.
So we are three weeks in with little Miss. Firecracker and trying to find our new "normal". She has gone from having a new mom and dad to an entire family....complete with a brother, sister, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles.....and amazing church family.
(Who arrrrrre these people???..........I like 'em!

Comments

  1. welcome home! love the river cruise photos. We enjoyed the cruise, just not the food or the locals doing on the pushing and shoving...lol...She looks like she's always been there in the family photo...blessings to you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts